About the Department
Horticulture is identified as one of the growth engines with a focus to increase the production and productivity of various horticulture crops coupled with value chain development ,marketing linkages to help the farming community for realization of remunerative prices.
Major Horticulture crops grown
Coffee, Turmeric, Ginger, Pine apple, Jack fruit, Cashew, Vegetables, Exotic vegetables, Exotic fruits
The main objectives are:
- To extend technical services & guidance to farmers in implementation of new technologies, new crops etc.
- To increase production & productivity by bringing additional area through diversification of traditional crops to market driven horticulture crops like fruits and high value vegetables, spices, plantation crops and flowers.
- To improve the productivity by adoption of beast package of practices, usage of high yielding/hybrid quality planting material, rejuvenation of old orchards.
Schemes/ Projects details
- Rashtriya Krishi Vikas Yojana
- National Food Security Mission- Oilpalm
- Mission for Integrated development of Horticulture
- On farm water management- APMIP
- Project Director & Deputy Director of Horticulture
- Director of Horticulture/ Asst Project Director APMIP
- Deputy Director of Horticulture/ Project Director APMIP
- Director of Horticulture
- Horticulture officers
- Rythu Bharosa Village Assistants (VAA/VHA/VSA)/ MIAOs